With 3 Demo Days around the corner, Rob and I are ironing out our pitch and working on our messaging. In the past, I’ve always been impressed when speakers have emphasized their points with statistics, so I gathered a few stats of my own pertaining to Social Media. Hope you find these useful!
1. 95% of Facebook Wall Posts are Not Answered by Brands- upsetting potential brand participants
2. 83% of complainants that received a reply liked or loved the fact that the company responded.- improving customer:brand relationship
3. 26% of Facebook users like a friends status at least once a day
4. 22% of FB users will comment on a friends status.
5. In 2008, the average FB user was 33. In 2010, the average FB user is 38.
6. 52% of FB users visit the site daily.
7. 36% of TW users visit the site daily.
8. 20% of FB users will comment on another users photo once a day
9. 56% of CMO’s view social media as a key engagement channel. (IBM)
10. 82% of CMO’s plan to increase their user of SM over the 3-5 years.
11. Today 48% of CMO’s are tracking consumer reviews to help shape their marketing strategies
12. 60% of TW brand followers are more likely to recommend a brand to a friend
13. 50% of brand followers are more likely to buy from the followed brand
14. 56% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand to a friend after “liking” on Facebook.
15. 51% of consumers will buy a product after liking the Facebook page.
16. Only 21% of twitter users follow brands on Twitter. 79% follow fewer than 10 brands
17. 75% of TW brand followers never unfollow a brand.
18. 48% of TW brand followers follow a brand to receive discounts/promotions. 64% are already a customer. 61% wish to be first to know new information about the brand. 36% to gain access exclusive content. 28% desire to retweet and share with others.
19. 23% of people tweet about the brands they follow.
20. 58% of fb fans that “like” a page are already customers
21. 57% of fb fans that “like” a page want to receive discounts/promotions.
22. 56% of consumers will recommend a brand to a friend after becoming a fan on Facebook
23. 51% of consumers are more likely to buy a produce after becoming a fan on Facebook.
24. 88% of fans do not return to a brands Facebook page after liking the page. Only 12% return more than once.
25. Gamification revenue will reach $1.5B in 2015 from less than $100M in 2011. A 1546% increase
26. Each Facebook user spends 15 hours and 33 minutes a month on FB.
27. Facebook growth grew 82% from 2010- 2011 and continues it’s growth daily.
28. Facebook will surge to over 1B users by March 2012.
29. Twitter has grown 122% from 2010 to 2011
30. Twitter has over 250M active users
31. 73% of US Companies now use social media for marketing purposes
32. Facebook is now used by 1 in every 13 people on earth- half of them are logged in every day.
33. 71% of US Web audience in on Facebook
34. 700 Billion minutes are getting spent on Facebook every month.
35. More than 30B pieces of content are being shared monthly.
36. 68% of social media users go to social networking sites to read product reviews (Nielson)
37. 23% of companies spend more than $10,000 a month on Facebook ads.
38. 67% of shoppers spend after recommendations from their online community of friends(Internet Retailer)
39. Traditional social network ads fail to engage 96% of users- users prefer buyer reviews. (Telegraph UK)
40. 40% of twitter users regularly search for products or services via Twitter
- 53% of people on twitter recommend companies or their products in their tweets
- Facebook makes up 52% of sharing on the web.
- Twitter makes up 13.5% of sharing on the web and grew 577% in a year.
- 57% of businesses plan to increase social media spending in 2012
38% of CEO’s label social as a high priority.